Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
The U.S Embassy in Dushanbe, Tajikistan announces a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to help the Government of Tajikistan strengthen and systematize its debt management and forecasting practices. The proposed $800,000 grant will support the Tajik Ministry of Finance over 24 months as it works to modernize its debt management systems and bolster debt analyses, in conjunction with ongoing assistance from other donors. Funding authority rests in the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended.
Measures of Success
By the project completion date, the implementer will:
- Install IT equipment capable of supporting new debt management software provided by another donor;
- Train Ministry of Finance staff as well as other key government stakeholders on international debt management best practices;
- Provide technical assistance and training to revise the official Ministry of Finance website and debt reporting templates for public consumption;
- Develop a new draft debt law on state and a proposal on a consolidated state borrowing program.
Applicants must have experience in the areas of fiscal transparency, debt management and planning. Specific experience in implementing fiscal transparency technical assistance projects is highly desirable. Additionally, applicants (and all members of consortium if any) must:
- Demonstrate experience working in Tajikistan or Central Asian region and expertise in providing technical assistance in the areas of debt forecasting, analysis, planning and management, particularly in the area of Fiscal Transparency.
- Own proven track record of implementing projects similar to those addressed in this NOFO as a lead applicant with at least one such project with the budget equivalent or over $800,000 in the last ten years (Note: work experience of individual consultants would not be considered as the experience of the applicant).
Submission Dates and Times
Applications are due no later than 11:59PM EDT on July 12, 2021.
For questions on the application and technical content: DushanbePolEconGrant@state.gov
For more information, please download the NOFO (Word 67 KB)