Returning to the United States on an Expired U.S. Passport
If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until December 31, 2021. See this page for more information.
The Consular Section has resumed routine services for U.S. citizens in Tajikistan. Please schedule an appointment through the online calendar. If you are unable to make an appointment through the online calendar and need an urgent appointment, please email at DushanbeConsular@state.gov, specifying the requested service. Please note the ability of the Embassy to offer these services may change based on local conditions related to COVID-19.
IMPORTANT: Please do not come to the U.S. Embassy Dushanbe unless you receive a confirmation email of your appointment with COVID-19 prevention instructions from the Consular Section
Emergency Passport Requests
If your passport has been lost or was stolen, you may request a temporary, emergency passport for immediate travel. To make an expedited appointment and to discuss your circumstances, please contact the ACS unit before coming to the U.S. Embassy. Each request for an emergency passport is considered on a case-by-case basis and, if approved, is usually processed within 24 hours; however, emergency passports cannot be processed outside normal working hours and U.S. and Tajik holidays.
Which passport application form should I use?
- Adult applicant, to renew a passport when the applicant’s previous passport was issued less than 15 years ago. If the applicant was a minor when the previous passport was issued a DS-11 must be submitted; fee = $110
- Minor (under age 16); fee = $115 USD;
- First time adult (16 year and older); fee = $145 USD;
- If your previous passport was issued 15 +years ago;
- If your previous passport was issued while a minor;
To replace a valid lost, stolen or mutilated passport.