The American Citizen Services (ACS) unit provides passport services, Tuesday – Thursday, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (except on American and Tajik holidays), by appointment only. The average passport processing time is 2-4 weeks. Due to delays in mail services, processing times may be longer in some cases, so we urge everyone to renew passports several months before the expiration date.
Click here to schedule an appointment.
Emergency Passport Requests
If your passport has been lost or was stolen, you may request a temporary, emergency passport for immediate travel. To make an expedited appointment and to discuss your circumstances, please contact the ACS unit before coming to the U.S. Embassy. Each request for an emergency passport is considered on a case-by-case basis and, if approved, is usually processed within 24 hours; however, emergency passports cannot be processed outside normal working hours and U.S. and Tajik holidays.
Which passport application form should I use?
- Adult applicant, to renew a passport when the applicant’s previous passport was issued less than 15 years ago. If the applicant was a minor when the previous passport was issued a DS-11 must be submitted; fee = $110
- Minor (under age 16); fee = $115 USD;
- First time adult (16 year and older); fee = $145 USD;
- If your previous passport was issued 15 +years ago;
- If your previous passport was issued while a minor;
To replace a valid lost, stolen or mutilated passport.