Passport Services

The Consular Section has suspended routine services and is only able to provide assistance to U.S. citizens with an emergency.  U.S. citizens with an emergency, should contact the Consular Section at, specifying the nature of the emergency. Do not come to the U.S. Embassy unless you are instructed to by staff from the Consular Section.

Emergency Passport Requests

If your passport has been lost or was stolen, you may request a temporary, emergency passport for immediate travel.  To make an expedited appointment and to discuss your circumstances, please contact the ACS unit before coming to the U.S. Embassy.  Each request for an emergency passport is considered on a case-by-case basis and, if approved, is usually processed within 24 hours; however, emergency passports cannot be processed outside normal working hours and U.S. and Tajik holidays.

Which passport application form should I use?

Form DS-82

  • Adult applicant, to renew a passport when the applicant’s previous passport was issued less than 15 years ago. If the applicant was a minor when the previous passport was issued a DS-11 must be submitted; fee = $110

Form DS-11

  • Minor (under age 16); fee = $115 USD;
  • First time adult (16 year and older); fee = $145 USD;
  • If your previous passport was issued 15 +years ago;
  • If your previous passport was issued while a minor;

To replace a valid lost, stolen or mutilated passport.