A program of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), administered by IREX. The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program brings international teachers to the Unites States for a six-week program that offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university. Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
The TEA fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 visa support;
- A pre-departure orientation held in participant’s home country;
- Round-trip airfare to and within the United States;
- A welcome program at the host university;
- Academic program fees;
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals;
- Accident and sickness medical insurance coverage;
- Transportation to the teaching practicum school (if necessary);
- A daily allowance for meals and incidentals during the academic program;
- A book/professional development allowance;
- A baggage/shipping allowance (domestic and international);
- A closing workshop in Washington, D.C.; and
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a foreign language (EFL), math, science, social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects at an institution serving primarily a local population
- Citizens and residents of Tajikistan
- At least five years of full-time teaching experience
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a paper-based TOEFL score of 450 or higher
- Intention to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
- Electronic submission of a complete application.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Please submit online applications at https://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea
Refer to online application guide (PDF 732 KB) for detailed information on how to complete application.
For additional information contact:
Parvina Adylova, U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section
109-A Somoni Avenue, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Tel: (992 37) 229 2316, 229 2000;