A program of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), administered by IREX.
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (Fulbright TEA) Program brings international teachers to the United States for a six-week program that offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university. Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
The Fulbright TEA fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 visa support;
- A pre-departure orientation held in participant’s home country;
- Round-trip airfare to and within the United States;
- Academic program fees;
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals;
- Accident and sickness medical insurance coverage;
- A daily allowance for meals and incidentals during the academic program;
- A baggage allowance (domestic and international);
- A workshop in Washington, D.C.; and
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a foreign language (EFL), math, science, social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects at an institution serving primarily a local population
- Citizens and residents of Tajikistan
- At least five years of full-time teaching experience
- Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a paper-based TOEFL score of 450 or higher
- Intention to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
- Electronic submission of a complete application.
Application Deadline: February 23, 2020
Please submit online applications at https://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea
Refer to online application guide (PDF 903 KB) for detailed information on how to complete application.
For additional information contact:
Tahmina Niyazova, U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section
109-A Somoni Avenue, Dushanbe, Tajikistan,
Tel: (992 37) 229 2316, 229 2000;