17 September 2022
Location: Tajikistan-Kyrgyzstan border region
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan advises the U.S. citizen community of the heightened risk resulting from continued violence on both sides of the Tajikistan-Kyrgyzstan border, including in the areas of Isfara and Bobojon Ghafurov Districts. Although exact numbers have not been confirmed, reports indicate numerous injuries and fatalities in these most recent clashes.
U.S. citizens traveling to or living in this area are at heightened risk of injury or death due to the ongoing conflict and are advised not to travel to the Tajikistan-Kyrgyzstan border region at this time. There may be no warning of an impending attack, and the situation may escalate quickly.
The Embassy urges U.S. citizens in Isfara and Bobojon Ghafurov Districts and the surrounding border areas to immediately review precautions to take in the event of an attack.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your travel plans.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to monitor the security situation and provide additional information as needed.Assistance:
· U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50
· State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter