The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section is now soliciting proposals from provider organizations for Study With US, an academic English and American university preparation program.
Provider Responsibilities and Benefits:
Study With US program providers will collaborate with U.S. Embassy staff to administer the Study With US program. Providers will hire instructors with familiarity of the U.S. Education system and administer participatory, student-centered classrooms with no more than 25 participants each. Providers will actively collaborate with EducationUSA and U.S. universities to support matriculation and advising for program participants throughout course implementation. Through the administration of the Study With US program, providers will increase organizational capacity to support college readiness programming, increase organizational visibility, and contribute to the professional and academic development of youth in their communities.
Study With US Program Objectives:
- Increase academic English skills for program participants;
- Prepare students to successfully complete college applications;
- Prepare participants to take TOEFL and other relevant standardized university entrance exams;
- Build academic soft skills for successful study and learning in U.S. or regional institutions; and
- Familiarize participants with the culture and values of the Unites States as well as university campus life.
Participants will receive at least 200 hours of classroom instruction during a one year period. Instruction will include the following topics: academic English writing, college essay writing, academic English reading comprehension, oral communication skills for academic settings, academic English listening comprehension, critical thinking and analysis, introduction to research and standards of plagiarism, academic soft skills, and standardized entrance examination preparation (TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.). In addition to the classroom instruction, participants will have access to supplemental college readiness resources through EducationUSA and from direct engagement with U.S. colleges and universities.
- Participants must demonstrate at least a B2 level of English on the Common European Reference Framework (CERF) to quality for the program. This will ensure that participants have sufficient foundational English to be ready for successful matriculation and study in the U.S. after completion of the Study With US program.
- Participants must be on track to matriculate to a U.S. college or university by Fall of 2020.
- Participants should be able to self-fund all costs associated with their higher education in the U.S. or regional institutions
The application deadline is January 15, 2018.
Proposal Template (Excel 4.8 MG) and Program Information (PDF 194 KB) should be submitted to:
U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109A Ismoili Somoni Avenue