Although there have been no recent attacks by organized terrorist groups in Tajikistan, the threat remains, and the danger of such an attack may have increased over the past 6-12 months. A range of terrorist organizations might seek to conduct attacks in the territory of Tajikistan, including against U.S. interests and the U.S. Embassy. With this in mind, the Embassy would recommend that U.S. citizens:
- Exercise caution around the Afghan border and remain in populated areas after nightfall.
- Avoid large public gatherings and public transportation when possible.
- Be aware of your surroundings and remain alert for unusual activity.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Tajikistan’s Country Specific Information.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan, located at 109 A Ismoili Somoni Avenue, (Zarafshon district) Dushanbe, Tajikistan 734019, at 992-37-229-2300 or 992-37-229-2000. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 992-98-580-1032.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.