Location: Tajikistan, countrywide
Event: Terrorist organizations, including ISIS, are known to have a presence in the region. These organizations and individuals inspired by violent extremist ideology look for opportunities to conduct either planned or spontaneous attacks. Violent extremists continue to focus on locations with large public gatherings such as holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, hotels, transportation hubs, places of worship, and other soft targets frequented by tourists. Please exercise special vigilance during the upcoming holiday season.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Avoid conspicuous consumption of alcohol and public drunkenness.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Dushanbe, 109A, Ismoili Somoni Avenue, Dushanbe, Tajikistan 734019
+992-37-229-2000 or +992-98-580-1032 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444