Location: Khorugh, Tajikistan
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe has received multiple reports of demonstrations, road blocks, and use of rubber bullets by host nation authorities in Khorugh Monday afternoon, May 16, 2022. The Embassy continues to advise avoiding non-essential travel to areas along the Tajikistan-Afghanistan border.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid non-essential travel to areas along the Tajikistan-Afghanistan border.
- Avoid demonstrations and keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00, +992 98 580 03 07
+992 (37) 229 20 50
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter