May 27, 2022
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe has received reports of an increased number of meningitis cases in Tajikistan. U.S. citizens are encouraged to review CDC guidance about meningitis prevention at the link below.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Meningitis information page.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter