The U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan is accepting applications to participate in the winter 2024 term of the Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program (former E-Teacher Program). The OPEN Program offers 8-week professional development courses developed by U.S. universities on topics such as Developing and Teaching Academic Writing, Creating and Implementing Online Courses (CIOC), Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME), Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting, Methodology for TESOL, Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL), Teaching Grammar Communicatively, Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom and Professional Development for Teacher Trainers, Teaching for the Future: English Teaching to Take on Climate Change.
Candidates should be highly motivated teachers, teacher trainers, or ministry officials who are both dedicated to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Qualified candidates should:
- Be a citizen of and reside in the nominating country at the time of the course.
- Not hold dual citizenship in the United States.
- Have the ability to complete academic work at a U.S. university level (CEFR approximately B2)
- Have at least 8-10 hours per week to devote to coursework.
- Have regular access (4-5 times per week) to a reliable, internet-enabled device.
- Have an understanding of English technical terms.
- Have basic technology skills related to creating usernames and passwords, using credentials to log in to secured websites, using email, searching the internet, and accessing and managing electronic files (e.g., pdf, MS Word, Excel), including downloading and uploading files.
- Have the ability to type in English well enough to participate in online discussions and submit written assignments in a timely manner.
Submit your application by October 23, 2023 to be considered for courses that begin in the winter of 2024. Certificates and digital badges are issued by the U.S. Department of State for all those who pass the course.
For additional information, please contact Nigina Mirzoeva, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan; Tel: +992 (37) 2292330;
Direct filled out application to EnglishProgramsDushanbe@state.gov