The U.S. Embassy Dushanbe Public Affairs Section (PAS) is pleased to announce funding is available through the Embassy’s Public Diplomacy Grants program. Applications may be submitted at any time for consideration before the closing date of March 15, 2020.
Many foreign adventure tourists, including Americans, seek opportunities to explore a country’s beautiful scenery while still having authentic cultural experiences. These tourists also expect to find high-capacity guides with local cultural knowledge, emergency medical capabilities, and well-honed customer service skills. While Tajikistan has a wealth of natural resources that make it an ideal destination for these types of tourists, an underdeveloped infrastructure and perceived security concerns have historically inhibited the country’s tourism industry. In order to support the development of Tajikistan’s tourism industry, PAS aims to build the capacity of tour operators and guides through development of industry-wide professional standards and mentorship from American experts.
Deadline for Applications: March 15, 2020 (24:00, Dushanbe time)
For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, email to: GrantProposalsDushanbe@state.gov or contact: 2292315/2323
For complete information, visit the below links:
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (PDF – 264 KB)
- Budget Narrative Sample Template (Excel 30 KB)
- SF424A-Budget Information for Non-Construction Programs (PDF – 323 KB)
- SF424A-Budget Information for Non-Construction Programs Instructions (PDF – 347 KB)
- SF424-Application for Federal Assistance – Organizations (PDF – 265 KB)
- SF424B-Assurances for Non-Construction Programs (PDF – 116 KB)
- SF424-Instruction for Organization Form (PDF – 320 KB)