Funding opportunity #:SAQMIP22CA0032
The U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe, Tajikistan announces an Open Competition for organizations interested in submitting applications for projects that strengthen Tajikistan’s financial sector via assistance to the National Bank of Tajikistan (NBT) and private-sector financial institutions. The proposed $962,812.00 grant will support regulatory oversight to counter money laundering and strengthen monetary policy and risk analysis to increase financial stability. Funding authority for this grant rests in the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended.
Measures of Success
By the project completion date, the implementer will:
- Establish a framework for the NBT’s transition to an inflation targeting regime.
- Develop internal risk mitigation methodologies for individual NBT departments.
- Develop credit risk modules for the NBT’s credit assessment system.
- Assess opportunities for commercial banks to introduce credit cards, as well as appropriate regulatory frameworks for credit cards.
- Establish recommendations for Tajik financial institutions to enhance compliance with FATF and AML/CFT requirements.
- Enhance the capacity of Tajik financial institutions in compliance with FATF and AML/CFT requirements by delivering a series of related workshops.
Applicants must have experience in countering money laundering and the financing of terrorism, financial stability, risk management, and financial integrity. Additionally, applicants (and all members of any consortium) must:
- Establish experience working in Tajikistan or the Central Asian region and expertise in providing technical assistance in the areas of monetary policy, operational and financial risk management, security trading, and AML/CFT.
- Demonstrate a track record of implementing similar projects as a lead applicant with at least one project budget of $500,000 or more in the last ten years (Note: work experience of individual consultants would not be considered as the experience of the applicant).
Submission Dates and Times
Applications are due no later than 11:59PM EST/EDT on August 1, 2022.
For questions on the application and technical content: DushanbePolEconGrant@state.gov
To apply for the opportunity:
- NOFO – Notice of Funding Opportunity (Word – 100 KB)
- 2022 Budget Narrative Template (Word – 29 KB)
- 2022 SOW Tajikistan Final (Word – 38 KB)
- 2022 NOFO Application Package Checklist – Overseas (Word – 534 KB)
- 2022 Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Narrative (Word – 40 KB)
- 2022 Budget Guidance and Template for New Awards (Excel – 115 KB)
- SF-424 (PDF – 163 KB)
- SF-424A (PDF – 132 KB)
- SF-424B (PDF – 65 KB)
- SFLLL (PDF – 204 KB)