April 13, 2020
The Department of State has arranged a special chartered flight for U.S. citizens, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents and other qualified travelers departing Tajikistan April 19. Exact departure time and routing are subject to change. Seats are still available on this flight. Reservation confirmations were sent today (Monday) at noon to all registered travelers who have submitted the necessary paperwork. If you did not receive a confirmation email but believe that you have already registered for this flight, please contact the Consular Section immediately at DushanbeConsular@state.gov.
All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note for approximately $1,657 for adults, $1,303 for children, and $159 for infants must be signed before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted. You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond your initial destination in the United States.
We do not yet have details as to the arrival time in the United States. There will be no quarantine in Washington DC upon entering the United States. The CDC recommends that all travelers home isolate for 14 days after you reach your final destination in the United States.
Passengers will be able to check two bags of 23kg each, plus a carry-on that must fit under the seat. There are no overhead bins on this flight. No pets are allowed.
There are limited seats available. If you would like to leave Tajikistan on this flight, please sign up as soon as possible to be added to a waitlist.
Please do not call to confirm receipt of your information. We will contact you if you are confirmed for a seat on this flight and will provide further instructions at that time.
A separate flight operated by Somon Air to Frankfurt is still in the planning phase. Additional information about that flight will be provided in a separate message. Please note: If the Somon Air flight to Frankfurt is cancelled, there may not be any additional flight options to leave Tajikistan. U.S. citizens wishing to return to the United States, should consider registering immediately for the planned charter flight on April 19. U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Tajikistan should prepare to shelter in place until normal commercial flight routes are re-established.
Unless you receive an email confirming your flight and future steps, please do not come to the airport. Only those with email confirmations will be permitted to fly.
Actions to Take:
- Register for chartered flight or contact Somon Air if interested in leaving Tajikistan. Confirm Tajik visa is valid prior to traveling. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 or 227-3838 to resolve visa issues.
- Prepare to shelter-in-place for an extended period of time if remaining in Tajikistan.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter