April 10, 2020
Event: The Department of State is arranging a special chartered flight for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents to return to the United States. The departure of this flight is now tentatively scheduled for Sunday, April 19.
The anticipated routing is Bishkek-Dushanbe-Dubai-Addis Ababa-Washington Dulles International Airport. The exact departure time and routing are subject to change.
All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note for approximately $1,657 for adults and $1,303 for children must be signed before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted. You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond your initial destination in the United States. No pets are allowed.
We do not yet have details as to the arrival time in the United States. Passengers may need to prepare for an overnight in Dulles if we are not able to determine the arrival time before departing Tajikistan.
Passengers will be able to check two pieces of luggage (23 kgs each). There will be no overhead storage on the plane for the Bishkek-Dushanbe-Dubai portion of the flight, so passengers will only be allowed one piece of hand carry luggage on board, which must fit under the seat. No additional personal items allowed in the cabin.
Box lunches will be provided during the Bishkek-Dushanbe-Dubai portion of the flight; however, passengers may bring additional food and beverages into the cabin.
There are limited seats available. If you would like to leave Tajikistan on this flight, please sign up as soon as possible to be added to a waitlist.
Please do not call to confirm receipt of your information. We will contact you if you are confirmed for a seat on this flight and will provide further instructions at that time.
A separate flight operated by Somon Air to Frankfurt is still in the planning phase. Additional information about that flight will be provided in a separate message. Please note: If the Somon Air flight to Frankfurt is cancelled, there may not be any additional flight options to leave Tajikistan. U.S. citizens wishing to return to the United States, should consider registering immediately for the planned charter flight on April 19. U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Tajikistan should prepare to shelter in place until normal commercial flight routes are re-established.
Unless you receive an email confirming your flight and future steps, please do not come to the airport. Only those with email confirmations will be permitted to fly.
Actions to Take:
- Register for chartered flight or contact Somon Air if interested in leaving Tajikistan. Confirm Tajik visa is valid prior to traveling. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 or 227-3838 to resolve visa issues.
- Prepare to shelter-in-place for an extended period of time if remaining in Tajikistan.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter