Event: The U.S. Embassy has received confirmation that Somon Air is planning a flight to Munich, Germany leaving Tajikistan on Wednesday, April 8 at 7am.
Germany is not allowing foreign citizens to enter their country. All travelers are required to remain in transit and have evidence of an onward flight to another country. We have heard, however, that flights into Munich require all travelers to go through immigration and enter the Schengen Area. We are getting conflicting reports from the U.S. Consulate in Munich and from the German Embassy about the process of transiting the Munich airport. It is unclear if non-German citizens will be allowed to enter. Please be aware that if travelers are not allowed to enter, they may face being returned to Tajikistan and may be placed into mandatory 14-day quarantine.
For questions about purchasing tickets, contact:
- Somon Air Contact: Firuz Davlatov
- Personal Mobile Phone: 908 085 666
- Office Duty Phone: 937 777 459
Interested travelers may also consider contacting the German Embassy at 433 773 000.
U.S. Passport and Tajik Visa: Please take this time to check your travel documents to ensure that your U.S. passport and Tajik visa are valid. If you need assistance with obtaining a new U.S. passport, please contact DushanbeConsular@state.gov immediately. NOTE: You must have a valid visa to exit Tajikistan. If your visa has expired, contact the Main Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs immediately at 227-6363 or 227-3838 located on 34 Pushkin Street, Dushanbe to resolve any visa issues. You will not be allowed resolve visa issues at the airport.
Actions to Take:
- Prepare to shelter-in-place for an extended period of time if remaining in Tajikistan.
- Avoid large gatherings and practice social distancing.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter