Event: The Dushanbe International Airport remains closed.However, the U.S. Embassy is aware that Somon Air may be planning outgoing flights to either Russia or Frankfurt.
International travel at this time is challenging.Connecting flights may be unreliable and cancelled at the last minute.The governments of Germany and Russia are not allowing foreign citizens to enter their country.All travelers are required to remain in transit, which means that cancelled international connections may leave passengers stranded at the airport.The governments of Germany and Russia have implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures. Travelers may be subject to quarantine and should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
On March 19, the Department of State issued a global Level 4 – Do Not Travel advisory, advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel.In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel.
Waiting List for Somon Air Flight: If you would like to be added to a waiting list for a Somon Air outbound flight to Frankfurt, please contact the following Somon Air representative to provide the names of the travelers, contact email address, and phone number.The cost of the flight has not yet been determined.Somon Air does not have a baggage transfer agreement to transfer bags for onward flights.Passengers who chose to travel with Somon Air will need to consider traveling with only hand luggage instead of checked bags.
Somon Air Contact:Firuz Davlatov
Personal Mobile Phone:908 085 666
Office Duty Phone:937 777 459
Travelers will be required to locate a connecting flight from Frankfurt to the United States.Please be aware that the travel situation is constantly evolving.Flights that are available as of today may have limited seat availability or may be cancelled with little advance notice.
U.S. Passport and Tajik Visa: Please take this time to check your travel documents to ensure that your U.S. passport and Tajik visa are valid.If you need assistance with obtaining a new U.S. passport, please contact DushanbeConsular@state.com immediately.Please contact the Main Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at 227-6363 or 227-3838 located on 34 Pushkin Street, Dushanbe with questions about Tajik visa issues.
Actions to Take:
- Book tickets on the next outgoing flight if you wish to depart Tajikistan.
- Confirm Tajik visa is valid prior to traveling. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 or 227-3838 to resolve visa issues.
- Prepare to shelter-in-place for an extended period of time if remaining in Tajikistan.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter