Event: The U.S. Embassy is requesting all U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) in Tajikistan who possess valid travel documents and are interested in a special repatriation flight to the United States on or about May 5 to complete a request for assistance immediately.
If a flight is arranged, seats may be limited and will only be available for U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents.
All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note for approximately $1,657 for adults and $1,303 for children must be signed before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted. You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond your initial destination in the United States.
The anticipated routing is Dushanbe to Washington-Dulles International Airport, with a fuel stop in Europe. The exact departure time and routing are subject to change. Details about allowable checked and hand-carry luggage will be provided once known. No pets are allowed.
Each traveler requesting assistance should submit a separate form. Include U.S. citizen minors on one adult submission. The information provided will be used to complete the necessary paperwork for a repatriation flight.
The request for assistance form is available here.
U.S. Passport and Tajik Visa: Please take this time to check your travel documents to ensure that your U.S. passport and Tajik visa are valid. If you need assistance with obtaining a new U.S. passport, please contact DushanbeConsular@state.gov immediately. NOTE: You must have a valid visa to exit Tajikistan. If your visa has expired, contact the Main Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs immediately at 227-6363 or 227-3838 located on 34 Pushkin Street, Dushanbe to resolve any visa issues. You will not be allowed resolve visa issues at the airport.
Actions to Take:
- Complete the online request for repatriation services immediately if you would like to return to the United States. Once you complete the online form. Please email a copy of your passport Bio page, Tajik visa, and for LPRs, a copy of your LPR card to DushanbeConsular@state.gov.
- Confirm Tajik visa is valid. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 or 227-3838 to resolve visa issues.
- Prepare to shelter-in-place for an extended period of time if remaining in Tajikistan.
- Avoid large gatherings and practice social distancing.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter