Event: All seats have been filled for the Somon Air flight from Dushanbe to Frankfurt, Germany, tentatively scheduled for on or about Wednesday, July 8. We currently have no information on the availability of other commercial or chartered flights, and we do not expect any chartered flights in the near future. We encourage U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) interested in future flights to contact the U.S. Embassy to register their interest. Flights may occur with little advance notice and have limited seat availability. Individuals interested in departing Tajikistan should monitor the U.S. Embassy website for updates.
Travel Advisory: On March 19, the Department of State issued a global Level 4 – Do Not Travel advisory, advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid international travel.
U.S. Passport and Tajik Visa: Should a flight become available, travelers will not be permitted to leave the country if their visas have expired. Please take this time to check your travel documents to ensure that your U.S. passport and Tajik visa are valid. If you need assistance with obtaining a new U.S. passport, please contact DushanbeConsular@state.gov . For Tajik visa issues, please contact the Main Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at 227-6363 or 227-3838 located on 34 Pushkin Street, Dushanbe.
Please note: Tajikistan does not recognize dual nationality. All U.S. citizens, even if they entered Tajikistan on their Tajik passport, are required to have a valid Tajik visa to exit the country.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy to register your interest in future flights.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates via email.
- Confirm Tajik visa is valid prior to traveling. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 or 227-3838 to resolve visa issues.
- Prepare to shelter-in-place for an extended period of time.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter