Event: The Department of State has arranged a special chartered flight for U.S. citizens, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, and other qualified travelers departing Dushanbe on May 5. Seats are limited. If you want to depart on this flight, please contact DushanbeConsular@state.gov immediately. The deadline to register interest in this flight is Sunday, May 3 at 12 noon.
All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note for approximately $1,657 for adults, $1,303 for children, and $159 for infants must be signed before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted. You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond your initial destination in the United States. An arrival time in Washington DC has not been determined. All travelers are advised to make arrangements to stay near Dulles for 1-2 days or to book refundable tickets with no change fees for their onward travel.
The anticipated routing is Dushanbe to Washington-Dulles International Airport, with a fuel stop in Europe. The exact departure time and routing are subject to change. The estimated time of arrival in Washington D.C. is 6:45 a.m. Passengers will be able to check two bags of 23kg each, plus a carry-on that must fit under the seat. There are no overhead bins on this flight. No pets are allowed.
There will be no quarantine in Washington DC upon entering the United States. The CDC recommends that all travelers home isolate for 14 days after you reach your final destination in the United States.
U.S. citizens who remain in Tajikistan should prepare to shelter in place until normal commercial flight routes resume.
Actions to Take:
- Contact Consular Section at U.S. Embassy Dushanbe requesting necessary documents. Confirm Tajik visa is valid prior to traveling. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 or 227-3838 to resolve visa issues.
- Prepare to shelter-in-place for an extended period of time if remaining in Tajikistan.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter