This message is to inform U.S. citizens of a new method for communication between the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe and U.S. citizens in Tajikistan in the event of an emergency that results in a breakdown of traditional means of communication.
When disasters strike, internet and phone service often breaks down. Should this happen, the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe will try to deliver messages to U.S. citizens to the “Message Drop Points” listed below.
In an emergency, we cannot guarantee delivery of messages to any of these locations, but we will try. Wait until it is absolutely safe to go to these locations.
We will use this means of communication only when primary means of communication have failed.
Below are the designated “Message Drop Points:”
Hyatt Regency Dushanbe 26/1 Somoni Street
Sheraton Hotel Dushanbe Ayni Street 48
Dushanbe American Corner 66 Tolstoy Street
Khujand: Grand Hotel 20 M. Tanburi Street
Khujand: American Corner Asiri Public Library, 1 Lenin Street
Isfara: American Corner Secondary Public School #2, 1 Saidon Street
Panjakent: Am.Cultural Space Tajik Pedagogical Institute, 108 Rudaki Avenue
Qurghon Teppa: Ramz Hotel 51а Ayni Street
Qurghon Teppa: American Corner Dustii Khalqho Street
Kulob: American Corner Technological University, Borbad Street, 9 Microrayon
Gharm: American Corner Tojiktelekom Bldg, 3rd Floor, Saimuddin Burhon Street
Gorno-Badakshan Autonomous Region:
Khorog: Serena Inn by the bridge on Pyanj River
Khorog: American Corner Youth Center, 109 Lenin Street
Murghob: Am. Cultural Space Youth and Sports Center, 65 Lenin Street
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Tajikistan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan located at 109 A Ismoili Somoni Avenue, at 992-37-229-2300, Mon, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and Tue – Fri, 2 – 4 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 992-98-580-1032 or 992-37-229-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.