Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Event: Effective March 17, 2020, U.S. Embassy Dushanbe has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passport issuance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
On March 16, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Many travelers in Tajikistan reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please work with your airline to rebook your travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 Information on conditions in Tajikistan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
Phone: +992 (37) 229 20 00
Fax: +992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter