December 3, 2021
Event: On November 26, the White House announced a travel restriction for certain travelers physically present within the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Malawi, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of South Africa, and the Republic of Zimbabwe due to the detection of a variant of the SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does not apply to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and certain other categories of travelers. See the text of the announcement here. The new restrictions and requirements took effect on November 29, 2021.
As always, U.S. citizens are reminded that transportation schedules can change without notice. Please check with airlines/carriers regarding flight cancellations and/or restrictions and keep apprised of the testing and vaccine requirements for any country you are transiting. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to have a departure plan that does not depend on U.S. government assistance. U.S. citizens are also encouraged to read our webpage on What the Department of State Can and Can’t do in a Crisis.
Please see contact information for airlines operating from Dushanbe International Airport below:
Airline Name: Turkish Airlines
Telephone: +992 48 701 7571/72
Airline Name: FlyDubai
Telephone: +992 44 610 0123
Airline Name: Air Astana
Telephone: +992 44 601 8209
Airline Name: Uzbek Airways
Telephone: +992 44 610 0067/68
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC websitefor the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check the COVID-19 Tajikistan Specific Information page for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit state.govto view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our Travel to the U.S. FAQs.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00, +992 98 580 03 07
+992 (37) 229 20 50
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter