Event: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel for COVID-19.
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Tajikistan.
On March 14, U.S. embassy personnel and their families received authorization to depart from Tajikistan to return to the United States due to limited flight connectivity that could impede access to medical care. Many employees and family members of the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan have returned to the United States. These departures may limit the ability of the U.S. Embassy to provide services to U.S. citizens.
The government of Tajikistan has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Incoming travelers are subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
The Dushanbe International Airport is currently closed but may reopen for short periods of time. Flights may be restored and/or cancelled with no advance notification, and seat and/or flight availability may be limited or nonexistent.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Effective March 17, 2020, U.S. Embassy Dushanbe has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passport issuances, please send an email to DushanbeConsular@state.gov to schedule an appointment.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Confirm Tajik visa is valid prior to traveling. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 to resolve visa issues.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter