Event: The Dushanbe International Airport may close with no advance warning, and flight availability might be limited or nonexistent. All Americans who wish to leave Tajikistan should do so as soon as possible. U.S. Embassy Dushanbe may not be able to help U.S. citizens depart Tajikistan.
U.S. embassy personnel and their families have received authorization to request departure from Tajikistan in order to return to the United States due to limited flight connectivity that could impede access to medical care. Many employees and family members of the U.S. Embassy in the Tajikistan will be returning to the United States.
Effective March 17, 2020, U.S. Embassy Dushanbe has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passport issuances, please send an email to DushanbeConsular@state.gov to schedule an appointment.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Book tickets on the next outgoing flight if you wish to depart Tajikistan.
- Confirm Tajik visa is valid prior to traveling. Contact the Tajik Main Consular Department at 227-6363 to resolve visa issues.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Dushanbe
109 A Ismoili Somoni Ave.
+992 (37) 229 20 00
+992 (37) 229 20 50, 236 04 30
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- Tajikistan Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter