Event: There is an ongoing infectious disease outbreak first identified in Wuhan, China, caused by a novel (new) coronavirus.
The Ministry of Health and Social Protection in Tajikistan reports there are currently no confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Tajikistan.
The CDC has not changed the Travel Notice for Tajikistan, which remains at Level 1. However, the CDC issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for China and recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to China.
The Government of Tajikistan reports implementing precautionary screening measures at airports and land border crossings. There are currently no reported hospital or clinic closings in the country. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to and from areas with confirmed novel coronavirus cases to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away, if you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Dushanbe, 109A, Ismoili Somoni Avenue, Dushanbe, Tajikistan 734019
+992-37-229-2000 or +992-98-580-1032 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Tajikistan Country Information
- Tajikistan Travel Advisory
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates