The U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan announces an open competition for the 2021-2022 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD).
Global UGRAD provides a diverse group of emerging student leaders with a scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university. The program is sponsored by the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds, who have not had other opportunities to study in the United States. Successful applicants can expect an in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions, as well as opportunities to enhance their professional skills.
For application information and instructions, please visit www.worldlearning.org/ugrad.
Eligibility for the Global UGRAD Program:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants must be studying in the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants must be committed to return directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Applicants are over 18 years of age.
Individuals in the following circumstances are not eligible for the Global UGRAD Program:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of their home country;
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) of U.S. Department of State and USAID employees; family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Current World Learning employees and their immediate family members.
The application can be accessed here (https://webportalapp.com/sp/closed/n9bqhdalu1) and deadline for applicants from Tajikistan is Sunday, March 15, 2021.
For more information, please contact Parvina Adylova, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan via email: GlobalUgradTajikistan@state.gov.