The Fulbright Visiting Scholar awards are offered to experienced Tajik professionals, university faculty members, and researchers at relevant governmental and non-governmental organization (with ten years or more professional experience) to pursue research at U.S. universities for a period up to one academic year.
- Applicants must be citizens of Tajikistan residing in Tajikistan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or equivalent professional qualification at the time of application.
Eligible Research Fields:
Agriculture, Dance, Mathematics, American History, Economics, Medical Sciences, American Literature, Education, Music, American Studies, Engineering, Philosophy, Anthropology, Environmental Sciences, Physics/Astronomy, Archaeology, Film Studies, Political Science, Architecture, Geography, Psychology, Art, Geology, Public Administration, Art History, History (non-U.S.), Public/Global Health, Biological Sciences, Information Sciences, Religious Studies, Business Administration, Journalism, Social Work, Language/Literature (non-U.S.), Sociology, Communications, Law*, TEFL/Applied Linguistics, Computer Science, Library Science, Theater, Creative Writing, Linguistics, Urban Planning, Chemistry.
*Please note: Applicants in law fields are limited to a maximum of one semester.
- Applicants must submit a detailed statement of proposed research activity at a U.S. university (only research grants are available for citizens of Tajikistan).
- Applicants must possess English language proficiency sufficient to achieve the project goals.
- Applicant should demonstrate the intrinsic value of the project to the scholar, his/her home institution, country, and U.S. institution.
- Applicant should demonstrate the ability to serve as a cultural ambassador for Tajikistan.
- Round-trip travel for the participant from Tajikistan to a host institution in the United States
- Full financial support in the United States
- Medical Insurance
- Access to professional and cultural enrichment opportunities
The on-line application is available at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2021
The application deadline is September 25, 2020.Nominations are made by the U.S. Embassy and are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. The J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board has final approval of all nominees.
Interested applicants may contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe by e-mail: FulbrightTajikistan@state.gov.