The Fulbright Visiting Scholar program brings accomplished Tajik scholars to the United States to conduct advanced research at U.S. universities for a period up to one academic year.
- Applicants must be citizens of Tajikistan residing in Tajikistan at the time of application or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by Tajikistan.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or equivalent professional qualification at the time of application.
Eligible Research Fields:
Agriculture, Dance, Mathematics, American History, Economics, Medical Sciences, American Literature, Education, Music, American Studies, Engineering, Philosophy, Anthropology, Environmental Sciences, Physics/Astronomy, Archaeology, Film Studies, Political Science, Architecture, Geography, Psychology, Art, Geology, Public Administration, Art History, History (non-U.S.), Public/Global Health, Biological Sciences, Information Sciences, Religious Studies, Business Administration, Journalism, Social Work, Language/Literature (non-U.S.), Sociology, Communications, Law, TEFL/Applied Linguistics, Computer Science, Library Science, Theater, Creative Writing, Linguistics, Urban Planning, Chemistry
- Applicants must submit a detailed statement of proposed research activity at a U.S. university (only research grants are available for citizens of Tajikistan.)
- Applicants must possess English language proficiency sufficient to achieve the project goals.
- Applicant should demonstrate the intrinsic value of the project to the scholar, his/her home institution, country and U.S. institution.
- Applicant should demonstrate the ability to serve as a cultural ambassador for Tajikistan.
- Round-trip travel from Tajikistan to a host institution in the United States
- Full financial support in the United States
- Medical Insurance
- Access to professional and cultural enrichment opportunities
The on-line application is available at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/.
The application deadline is October 01, 2015.
Nominations are made by the U.S. Embassy and are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. The J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board has final approval of all nominees.
Interested applicants may contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe at (+992 37) 229 23 14 or by e-mail: FulbrightTajikistan@state.gov