The U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan is accepting applications from eligible Tajik institutions to host a U.S. Fulbright Specialist. The application deadline is March 27, 2022.
The Fulbright Specialist Program gives host institutions the opportunity to invite a specialist who will assist in implementing projects that have an education or training focus. The specialist’s program length can range from 14 to 42 days, including weekends, holidays and travel days. Projects should have concrete objectives that can be achieved over the course of the Fulbright Specialist’s visit. Programs may take place between April and September 2022.
Eligibility Requirements for Host Institutions
Institutions that may be eligible to request a Fulbright Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Institutions of Higher Education;
- Government Institutions (ministries or agencies, courts, parliamentary or congressional bodies);
- Cultural Institutions (conservatories, museums, etc.);
- Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Medical Institutions (public health organizations, teaching hospitals, etc.).
Past Specialists have supported host institutions by conducting activities such as:
- Delivering a seminar or workshop
- Consulting on faculty or workforce development
- Developing academic or training curricula and materials
- Lecturing at the graduate or undergraduate level
- Conducting needs assessments or evaluations for a program or institution
Project proposals by host institutions can be submitted online here: https://worldlearning-community.force.com/FSPHost.
Interested applicants may contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe by e-mail: FulbrightTajikistan@state.gov