The U.S. Embassy’s Public Diplomacy Section (PDS) offers a number of initiatives to support alumni outreach in Tajikistan. PDS offers alumni grants through the U.S. Alumni Network of Tajikistan (USANT), implemented by American Councils. The Alumni Grant Program supports alumni-initiated projects aimed at promoting community service and the dissemination of professional knowledge. USANT also issues a quarterly alumni newsletter which spotlights alumni success stories, shares information on alumni-initiated activities and events, and strengthens the network of all U.S. government exchange program alumni in Tajikistan.
You may contact Shafoat Mirzoeva, Cultural Affairs Assistant / Alumni Outreach Coordinator, for additional questions or information: +992 37 229 23 14, MirzoevaSK@state.gov
Implementation and Management of the U.S. Alumni Network of Tajikistan (USANT)
The U.S. Embassy Dushanbe announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program to provide logistical management of the U.S. Alumni Network in Tajikistan (USANT) and implement the Democracy Outreach Alumni Grant Program in Tajikistan.
USANT is a program funded by the U.S. Embassy Public Diplomacy Section in Dushanbe to provide logistical management of a network of alumni of U.S. government (USG) programs in Tajikistan. USANT was created in 2019 with the goal of supporting and strengthening the USG alumni community to build upon the shared intellectual, social, cultural, and democratic values of the people of Tajikistan and the United States.
Please submit all application materials directly to the following email address: AlumniTajikistan@state.gov.
Mandatory application forms:
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (Word 84 KB)
- Proposal Template (Word 48 KB)
- Budget Template (Excel 25 KB)
- Budget Narrative Sample Template (Excel 36 KB)
- M&E PMP Template (Word 92 KB)
- Applicant Organization Information Survey (Word 55 KB)
- SF-424 (PDF 166 KB)
- SF-424A Budget (PDF 1 MB)
- SF-424B (PDF 73 KB)
Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF)
Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) provides alumni of U.S. government-sponsored and facilitated exchange programs with funding to expand on skills gained during their exchange experience to design and implement innovative solutions to global challenges facing their communities. Since its inception in 2011, AEIF has funded nearly 500 alumni-led projects around the world through a competitive global competition. This year, AEIF 2024 will support the United States’ commitment to strengthening the foundations for sustainable development to improve economic outcomes and build human capital, and strengthening relationships and deepen trust between Tajikistan and the United States to advance strategic engagement.
Alumni Grant Program
The U.S. Alumni Network of Tajikistan (USANT), on behalf of the Embassy of the United States of America, is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Alumni Grants Program. Alumni of all U.S. Government-funded exchange and training programs are eligible to apply.
The purpose of this program is to provide grants to organizations that have USG alumni as members or to individual alumni for activities that support democratic advancement and economic reform in Tajikistan. The program aims to assist alumni in implementing and disseminating the concepts learned during exchange programs. Awards for organizations will not exceed $5,000 and awards for individuals will not exceed $3,000.
U.S. Government alumni must be registered on the USANT online platform to participate in the 2023-2024 Alumni Grants Program. https://www.usant.tj/
USANT will accept proposals on the following themes:
- Addressing Gender-Based and Domestic Violence
- Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Social Entrepreneurship and Social Inclusion of Vulnerable Populations
- Countering Disinformation in the Media on Security and Social Issues
Additional themes to be considered:
- Combatting Violent Extremism
- Entrepreneurship, Business, and Youth Economic Opportunity
- Climate Change and Environmental Protection
- Educational and Social Inclusion of Vulnerable Populations
Funds may not be used for the following:
- To support projects requested by non-USG alumni organizations and individuals;
- To support projects relating to political activity, charitable activity and/or humanitarian aid, fund-raising campaigns, commercial projects and those that duplicate existing projects;
- To pay for international travel outside of Tajikistan, including travel to/from the United States;
- To pay for speakers traveling from the United States;
- To pay salaries and honorariums for alumni involved in the project;
- To support organizations’ expansion or acquisition of equipment;
- To support infrastructure projects; and
- Projects with a computer-based English translation.
Application Submission: applications must be submitted via AIS System www.ais.americancouncils.org no later than January 4th, 2024 in English.
All project activities should start after March 1, 2024 and complete before August 31, 2024.
Alumni whose projects were supported in 2022-2023 are not eligible to apply. For any questions please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org