The U.S. Embassy Dushanbe Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce funding is available through the Embassy’s Democracy Commission Small Grants Program. This program supports the development of Tajikistan’s democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Tajik nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, to nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and to independent local media organizations.
The U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section (PAS) in Dushanbe is soliciting Statements of Interest from Tajik civil society and independent media organizations that focus on one of the priority areas specified below. Applicants should pay close attention to the Public Affairs Section’s goals, priority program areas, target audiences, and geographic locations when developing their proposals. Statements of Interest cannot exceed two pages.
- Support Independent Media Development and Bloggers: We will support projects that increase the capacity of independent bloggers and social media influencers to effectively produce content that can compete with misinformation, propaganda, and extremist content.
- Counter Violent Extremism: We will support projects that increase the amount of anti-extremist content in Tajikistan’s traditional and social media space through the recruitment of a cadre of moderate voices to produce and share positive content during and after the project’s completion.
- Support Human Rights of Vulnerable Groups: We will support projects that increase acceptance and inclusion of all members of society, in particular those from underrepresented communities, and to reduce discrimination against such groups.
Deadline for Applications: May 25, 2021 (24:00, Dushanbe time)
For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, email to: GrantProposalsDushanbe@state.gov or contact: 2292319.
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (Word, 50 KB)
- Statement of Interest Template (Word 64 KB)
Successful applicants are required to submit the following documents for the second round:
- U.S. Embassy Grants Program Application (Word 43 KB)
- DemCom Budget Template (Excel 102 KB)
- Application Organization Survey (Word 48 KB)
- SF-424 (PDF 316 KB)
- SF-424A (PDF 363 KB)
- SF-424B (PDF 115 KB)