The U.S. Embassy Dushanbe Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce funding is available through the Embassy’s Democracy Commission Small Grants Program. This program supports the development of Tajikistan’s democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Tajik nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, to nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and to independent local media organizations.
The U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section (PAS) in Dushanbe is soliciting Statements of Interest from Tajik civil society and independent media organizations that focus on one of the priority areas specified below. Applicants should pay close attention to the Public Affairs Section’s goals, priority program areas, target audiences, and geographic locations when developing their proposals. Statements of Interest cannot exceed two pages.
- Economic/social empowerment, entrepreneurship, and skills development, particularly for women, youth and vulnerable populations to advance economic independence and sustainable development. (commercial activity or specific businesses/startups will not be considered)
- Countering violent extremism by promoting pluralism and tolerance, Worldwide, individuals at risk for recruitment to violent extremism are those who experience a sense of frustration, marginalization, and dis-empowerment and seek out remedies, including, but not limited to extremist groups. Grievances, along with deceptive extremist recruitment techniques, create an environment that enables violent extremism. Through these awards, PAS Tajikistan seeks to support organizations that work with their communities to understand and resolve problems in society that contribute to radicalization.
- Promoting free flow of accurate information on important issues in Tajikistan’s society through the development of independent, professional, and amateur journalism
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2020 (24:00, Dushanbe time)
For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, email to: GrantProposalsDushanbe@state.gov or contact: 2292319.
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (PDF 263 KB)
- Statement of Interest Template (Word 64 KB)
Successful applicants are required to submit the following documents for the second round:
- U.S. Embassy Grants Program Application (Word 43 KB)
- DemCom Budget Template (Excel 32 KB)
- Application Organization Survey (Word 51 KB)
- SF-424 (PDF 316 KB)
- SF-424A (PDF 363 KB)
- SF-424B (PDF 115 KB)