The U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Community College Initiative (CCI) Program.
The Program provides participants with a non-degree, academic program at a U.S. community college designed to build participants’ technical skills in media literacy, enhance their leadership capabilities, and strengthen their English language proficiency. It also provides opportunities for professional internships, service learning, and community engagement.
To learn more about the program, please visit CCI program website.
Eligibility for the Community College Initiative (CCI) Program:
- Applicants must be citizens of Tajikistan, residing in Tajikistan at the time of application.
- Applicants are 18 years or older by July 1, 2023.
- Applicants must have a secondary school diploma.
- Applicants must have completed the equivalent of less than three years toward a U.S. bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of study the applicant is nominated to pursue. Nominees without substantive post-secondary education will be given placement priority.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Applicants must have demonstrated commitment to the selected field of study through some academic or professional experience. The program aims to identify participants with proven skills or interest and limited professional experience in the fields of study offered.
- Applicants must have limited or no overseas study experience. Nominees with no prior overseas study or travel to the United States will be given placement priority.
- Applicants must submit a complete original application before deadline.
The application deadline is December 23, 2022.
For more information, please contact Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan; Tel: 2292322; email: FulbrightTajikistan@state.gov