The U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe Recommends the Following:
* Avoid large crowds and public transportation to the extent possible.
* Do not draw unnecessary attention to yourself.
* Maintain awareness of your surroundings and situation.
Assistance and Further Information:
* Contact the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan, located at 109 A Ismoili Somoni Avenue, (Zarafshon district) Dushanbe, Tajikistan 734019, at 992-37-229-2300 or 992-37-229-2000. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 992-98-580-1032.
* Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
* See the State Department’s travel website for Travel Advisory, Alerts, and Tajikistan’s Country Specific Information.
* Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
* Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444