The U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan announces an open competition for the 2016-2017 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides accomplished Tajik young and mid-career professionals with ten months of non-degree academic study, leadership development, and professional enrichment in the United States to. Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and commitment to public service either in the public or the private sector. Seventeen major universities across the United States host Humphrey Fellows.
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources/Environmental Policy/Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building:
- Law and Human Rights
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development)
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
Requirements for Applicants:
- University degree
- A minimum of five years of substantial professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- Strong English skills
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
Interested applicants may contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe at (+992 37) 229 23 14 or by e-mail: FulbrightTajikistan@state.gov
The application deadline is May 20, 2015.
The on-line application is available at http://apply.embark.com/student/humphrey/fellowship/
Nominations are made by the U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan and are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board has final approval of nominees.